Garden Design Service
Getting your garden designed is an incredibly exciting time! It is also a big commitment so you want it to be perfectly tailored to your needs and aspirations and know the company you have chosen to guide you through it know what they are doing. We have extensive experience in creating beautiful garden spaces in petite areas to large country estates in a whole range of styles matched to varying levels of budget. Our in-house designers are passionate about what they do and are excited to be a part of your new garden. Take a look at the ‘Your Garden’ section for more information on how you might like to go about realising your ideas and understanding what your budget can do for you.
The Garden Design Process
So what happens when you give us a call or drop us an email about your garden design enquiry?
1. The starting point is a phone conversation about the existing site and any issues or concerns you have to better understand what your needs and aspirations are. This will help us decide which member of the team can be of most use to you.
2. A site visit will then happen where one of our landscape designers will walk around the garden with you and have a chat about what your dreams are, what you want to see at the end of the process. This is a free one hour consultation.
3. Following the visit and review of the notes, we agree a small garden design fee and return to survey the site which is vital to ensure an accurate achievable design is produced. The survey will involve measuring features, taking height levels with sophisticated kit, assessing current drainage and services and analysing other variables, like soil types and microclimate.
4. The design fee is used to produce an A3 plan (or bigger depending on garden size), this shows all aspects of the garden design arrangement, planting types, special features, location/direction of new services and highlight the possible need for more technical aspects, such as high retaining walls. It is also used to produce a breakdown of prices for you to get the garden built.
5. A second meeting is then organised where your landscape designer presents your garden plan and price schedule, at this point you may wish to make revisions which we are happy to do for you as many times as necessary free of charge.
6. Once an agreed garden design plan is finished we then can talk about how to get it constructed for you so you can start to enjoy it! Click here to see our Garden Construction Process.